There is nothing like being able to make your own stuff to personalize your look. Not to mention all the cash you can save by being a resourcefulgoth! I make most of my own clothes, and have done so for years I also have found through years of trial and error the best ways to dye your hair, and other things I have listed below. Most projects are geared towards the sewing inexperienced, so don't be afriad to give them a try.
Easy elegance, hooded or not.
Also known as a poet shirt, I offer several variations of this classic.
- Originally Posted on alt.gothic.fashion.
- Basic Goth Sewing ~ getting started
- If you don't know where to start, start here.
- Bat Wings
- Easy instructions for making bat wings
- Circle & Handkerchief Hem Skirts
- Fun and versatile.
- D.I.Y. Bondage Pants
- Strap yourself in.
- Hair Accessories
- More veils, barrettes with ribbons and bows, put flowers in your hair... or spiders if you prefer.
- Hair Dying Instructions
- If you do it right, that purple can last for weeks!
- Easy Panel Skirt
- How to turn a straight skirt into a great full skirt... very easy.
- How to Make a Parasol
- From the a.g.f. FAQ
- How to make a pattern out of anything
- Turn that ployester nightmare into a dream
- Knoted Bead Necklaces
- Insurance for long strands of beads
- Long Black Veil
- Instuctions for making a wedding style veil
- Long Vest
- Easy long vest to add elegance for goths of all genders.
- Net Skirt
- Net skirts can cost upwards of $130 on the web, make your own for less than $13.
- Tatters and Rags
- Don't throw away those small scraps of yummy fabric! You can make a great skirt out of them, no pattern required and it's super easy.
- Tattered Tank Dress
- Need summer wardrobe help? Easy dress for those sultry nights.
- Thrift stores are a great place to get stuff if you are persistant and patient